Below you will be able to find important documents for the Contender Team or for Mrs. Whitworth's class
Keys for Success in Math
- Don’t miss any classes.
- Be alert in class – participate.
- Ask questions when you are not comprehending.
- Take clear and organized notes.
- Establish a routine for studying and doing your math, and show your work on your paper.
- Understand formulas & their applications before you memorize them.
- Math requires lots of practice – do many problems.
- Sometimes you will get stuck. DON’T QUIT, THINK! After you have tried hard there is a good chance that you can get it. If not, then seek help. You will remember this particular problem better because you thought about it hard.
- Learn from your mistakes
- If you need help, don’t waste time. You must arrange time to come in and see me.