French IV Rules, Policies, and Syllabus
De Soto High School
Madame Cheron Tiffany
Since this is a college course, some rules and classroom policies are different from those of a regular French class.
1. I will treat you with respect so you will know how to treat me.
2. Feel free to do anything that doesn't cause a problem for anyone else.
3. If you cause a problem, I will ask you to solve it.
4. If you can't solve the problem, or choose not to, I will do something.
5. What I do will depend on the special person and the special situation.
6. If you feel something is unfair, whisper to me, "I'm not sure that's fair" and we will talk.
7. Madame and her class will follow the DHS core values of Integrity, Perseverance, Inquiry, Communication and Reflection.
TARDIES AND MAKE-UP WORK
A. HOMEWORK -20% of grade
1. Homework will be assigned daily but may not necessarily be collected or given a grade.
2. Homework is due at the start of class. Check the board upon arrival in the room for the work that is due and put it on your desk by two (2) minutes after the bell rings. If it is not out, it will be considered late and will not be counted.
3. A completion grade is normally given. The percentage of the assignment honestly completed is the grade. Students are to correct their work. Corrections must be made in red or green ink.
4. The teacher will grade paragraphs for accuracy. They should be neat and double-spaced. Expect to write at least two paragraphs a month.
5. Changes to these rules may be announced for specific assignments.
6. I don't accept late work unless you were absent.
7. Work may not be copied from another student or another source. This is cheating. Using an Internet translator is also cheating. If caught cheating, zero credit will be given and the office will be notified.
8. I sell lost worksheets for ten cents a copy. (Proceeds benefit charity.)
9. Please write your last name first.
B. ORAL -20 % of grade
1. A portion of your college credit is for oral, lab work. Daily participation is required. You will be graded on participation, pronunciation, correct of answer, etc.
2. You will receive a daily oral grade.
3. The daily grade will vary but may include: choral response, group participation, response to a direct question, oral answers, French-only day, etc. Points will be subtracted for not doing the above.
4. If you are tardy to class, you automatically lose three oral/participation points for the day.
5. Remember: this is an oral and aural class. You need to be here to hear.
C. QUIZZES AND TESTS -50 % of grade
1. Talking during a test or quiz will result in a zero.
2. I keep all copies of tests and quizzes.
3. Cheating will result in a zero and an office referral.
4. There are no retakes on tests or quizzes.
D. FINAL- 10%
1. Green, red, pink, or purple pen for corrections.
2. Blue or black ink pen or #2 pencil for written work. NO GEL PENS OR FLOURESCENT PENS!
3. A binder with sections: grammar, vocab, verbs, songs, culture.
4. Each class period, you must bring your textbook, workbook, notebook, planner, and writing instruments to class.
5. At least one LOW-ODOR dry-erase marker.
1. There is no extra credit. This is college, dear.
2. Homework without a name is thrown away for zero credit. Tests without a name will be penalized 10%.
3. Detentions will be held after school. A missed detention will result in an office referral. You will serve your detention during the week it was assigned.
4. Desks are not rocking chairs.
5. Being written up by the sub is a fate worse than death.
6. No food or drink is allowed, except for bottled water, birthdays, and reward days.
7. Recycle, recycle, and recycle.
8. You are allowed one hall pass per quarter.
9. Laugh at my jokes! And remember, sarcasm is a life skill!!
10. Clean up after yourself!!!!
Madame retains the right to modify her rules. She will inform you of such changes.