Seminar Rules and Policies—2009-2010 De Soto High School Madame Cheron Tiffany
1. I will treat you with respect so you will know how to treat me.
2. Feel free to do anything that doesn't cause a problem for anyone else.
3. If you cause a problem, I will ask you to solve it.
4. If you can't solve the problem, or choose not to, I will do something.
5. What I do will depend on the special person and the special situation.
6. If you feel something is unfair, whisper to me, "I'm not sure that's fair" and we will talk.
7. Madame and her class will follow the DHS core values of Integrity, Perseverance, Inquiry, Communication and Reflection.
Seminar is an excellent opportunity to do homework, make-up missing assignments, get extra help, and to improve your grade. Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity. Come to the room with the attitude to work and with all of the necessary materials.
1. You are tardy if you are not in your seat 30 seconds after the bell rings.
2. Bring your agenda to class each day. It must be filled out with assignments that were given that day. Failure to do so either will result in a loss of 5 points.
3. This is a no talking seminar. You will receive one (1) warning to be quiet. Five (5) points will be deducted from your daily score for each additional time I tell you to be quiet. Exceptions may be made WITH permission and in a whisper.
4. You must have a teacher's stamp and your agenda to leave the room.
5. If you leave, you must sign in and out. Be sure to return by 2:50.
6. You may use the student computer with permission. You will visit appropriate web sites and do school-related work. You may not check e-mail or play games. If more than one student needs to use the computer, your time will be limited.
7. I have classroom supplies available for your use. Please ask to borrow them. Please put them back properly after use.
8. You may not sleep, goof off, do nothing, or listen to music during seminar. You will receive one (1) warning. Five (5) points will be deducted from your daily score for each additional time that you are not on task.
9. You are to come to seminar prepared. That means bring something to work on and with. You may not go to your locker.
10. I am available to help you during seminar. Or, I can contact another teacher for you.
11. Educational board games may be played with teacher permission.
A. Games will be played quietly and properly.
B. They will be put away neatly at the end of seminar.
C. You must be passing all classes.
D. Failure to comply may result in the privilege being revoked.
12. I f you have a D or an F in any class, you may not go anywhere during seminar except to the teacher's room with the dismal grade.