- Classroom - Refrain from hurtful comments/laughing at each other
- Focus on Your Actions and Behavior
- Ask permission before leaving the classroom
- Use proper language (no cussing, violent words, verbal aggression)
- Respect people and/or property which is shown by actions and tone of voice
- Exhibit appropriate physical behavior, no physical aggression (i.e. hitting or kicking others, shoving, throwing objects, etc.) The office will be notified of any incidents of physical aggression. The office and SED teacher will determine any subsequent consequences.
- Follow all school rules and directions given from any staff
- Always give your best effort
- Students will be expected to demonstrate behaviors that facilitate learning.
- Students will be expected to sign in and out of room 114 when their schedule reflects they should be elsewhere.
- We will strive to handle all behavior and consequences with in our classroom. When a student breaks a rule, one or more of the following steps will be taken:
- Verbal Reminder
- Detention (lunch)
- Phone call home/email home
- Time out/consult with administration/support staff and a 10 min. cool down period at a designated location determined by Explorer Staff.
Students are expected to follow the schedule that they receive. Changes that occur must be discussed with the SED teacher to ensure IEP services are able to be implemented. Students may be asked to remain in room 114 if they are demonstrating self-destructive behavior or behavior that would distract the learning of others. Students are encouraged to advocate their need. If they feel it would be best to work on an assignment in room 114 they may do so (unless scheduling conflicts occur or if this privilege is misused).
- Students will be expected to attend and perform in classes
- Students are expected to advocate their needs to staff (time extensions, re-teaching of concept)
- Students will receive the accommodations listed on their IEP
- Students are expected to arrive on time to class and stay for it’s entirety (in the event a student needs to remove themselves they will let staff know/ this may happen verbally or by use of an established cue)