1. Your request must be in writing.
2. Your request should be for documents or other information that is already in existence. Agencies, such as the school district, are not required to answer questions, perform legal research, prepare reports, or compile information.
3. We recommend that all requests be addressed to the official custodian of records.
4. Please be as specific as possible when requesting access to open records.
5. If you believe the school district has not responded as required by the Kansas Open Records Act, we recommend that you contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General, or your local District Attorney.
>> Frequently asked questions about the Kansas Open Records Act.