French I Rules, Policies, and Syllabus
De Soto High School Madame Cheron Tiffany
1. I will treat you with respect so you will know how to treat me.
2. Feel free to do anything that doesn't cause a problem for anyone else.
3. If you cause a problem, I will ask you to solve it.
4. If you can't solve the problem, or choose not to, I will do something.
5. What I do will depend on the special person and the special situation.
6. If you feel something is unfair, whisper to me, "I'm not sure that's fair" and we will talk.
7. 7. Madame and her class will follow the DHS core values of Integrity, Perseverance, Inquiry, Communication and Reflection.
TARDIES AND MAKE-UP WORK
1. I won’t count you tardy if you are in your seat 30 seconds after the bell rings.
2. I will accept late work due to an absence. I will write the missing assignment in the daily homework log and put handouts next to it. I will accept the missed assignments that were due during your absence if it is handed to me on your first day back.
3. Per the student handbook, I will give you two (2) school days to make up work assigned during your absence.
4. If you are absent on the day that a test is given, I will have your test ready for you to take you on your first day back.
5. If you were here for the announcement of a test, I will give you the test on the assigned day or if you are absent then, on your first day back.
6. Tests taken late will be scored at 50%.
7. If you leave on school trip, I will accept your homework and give you the new assignment BEFORE leaving school. I will accept the assignment given during your absence the next class period. If a test or quiz is missed, the test must be taken the day after the absence, regardless of the color of the day.
A. HOMEWORK-25% of grade
1. I will assign homework daily.
2. I will grade homework that is on your desk, two (2) minutes after the bell rings. Homework is due at the start of class. You will check the board upon arrival in the room for the work that is due and put it on your desk.
3. I normally give a completion grade. I will grade on the percentage of the assignment honestly completed. You will correct your work in red or green.
4. I will grade paragraphs for accuracy that are neat and double-spaced.
5. Changes to these rules may be announced for specific assignments.
6. I will accept work that is on time. Late work will earn 10 % credit.
7. Work may not be copied from another student or another source. This is cheating. Using an Internet translator is also cheating. If caught cheating, I will give you zero credit and will notify the office.
8. I sell lost worksheets for ten cents a copy. (Proceeds benefit charity.)
9. Please write your last name first.
B. ORAL-25 % of grade
1. I will give a daily oral grade of 10 points.
2. The daily grade will vary but may include: choral response, group participation, response to a direct question, oral answers, French-only day, etc. Points will be subtracted for not doing the above. I will give full credit for the above.
3. Feel free to come to class late and lose 3 participation points for the day.
4. Come without your supplies and lose 2 participation points.5. Remember: this is an oral and aural class. You need to be here to hear.
C. QUIZZES AND TESTS-40% of grade
1. I will grade tests and quizzes that are taken without talking or communicating with another person or source.
2. Tests can be taken orally before school, the day of the test, by appointment.
3. I keep all copies of tests and quizzes.
4. I give a test just once, unless you are absent and following the make-up procedure.
5. If caught cheating on a test or a quiz, a 0 will be earned along with an office referral.
1. Green, red, pink, or purple pen for corrections.
2. Blue or black ink pen or #2 pencil for written work. NO GEL PENS OR FLOURESCENT PENS!
3. A binder with sections: grammar, vocab, verbs, songs, culture.
4. Each class period, you must bring your textbook (if applicable), notebook, planner, and writing instruments to class.
5. At least one LOW-ODOR dry-erase marker.
1. Euros will be awarded. This is the only extra credit given.
2. I will grade homework with names on it. I will grade tests that are missing a name after deducting a 10% finders’ fee.
3. Detentions will be held after school. You will serve your detention during the week it was assigned. A missed detention will result in an office referral.
4. Desks are not rocking chairs.
5. Being written up by the sub is a fate worse than death.
6. No food or drink is allowed, except for bottled water, birthdays, and reward days.
7. Recycle, recycle, and recycle.
8. I will give you one (1) WC pass per quarter.
9. No backpacks on the floor.
10. Clean up after yourself!!!!!!!!!!
11. I retain the right to enforce "All hands on desk."
12. You must have your agenda to leave the room.
13. No electronic devices.
14. Laugh at my jokes! And remember, sarcasm is a life skill!!
Madame retains the right to modify her rules. She will inform you of such changes.