Expectations and Procedures
I. The following items should be brought to class everyday:
- Pencil, blue or black pen.
- Notebook Paper
II. Do NOT talk while others are talking – "We were given one mouth and two ears for a reason."
III. If you are absent then you are responsible to get the make-up work
and the due date.
IV. Paper Heading
V. Grading for Homework
- 1 point will be awarded for each correct answer.
- 0 points will be awarded for each wrong answer.
- You will have the opportunity to make any corrections on a separate sheet
to gain the 1 point, however, you must do the following:
- explain why you missed the problem.
- Show correct work of the problem.
- If you do not initially attempt the problem, you cannot make corrections
to receive the point.
VI. Homework should be completed in the following way:
- A pencil must be used.
- All work should be shown.
Problems should be numbered and spaced and neat.
Answers should be boxed.
No late work will be accepted.
If you are absent due to a school function, you should, before you leave,
hand in your assignment, and get the next day’s assignment.
All assessments not taken due to absence will be taken during seminar
period. If I have a meeting, I will let you take the assessment with your
- If a calculator is used, the key sequence should be
- If a problem can not be completed, all key
information should be shown.
- All sketches should show the scale of the graph and be
VII. If you have a question:
- Set your book on end and I will come to help you
answer your question.
- Work on another problem.
- If a student very close to you can help you, they may quietly.
VIII. Class dismissal. I dismiss class,
not the bell.