Second Semester Schedule Change Information
Because the course selection process at the end of the previous year drives the development of our building schedule, it is simply not possible to approve most requests. While we would love to accommodate all wishes, we also have to consider consistency and the performance of the building as a whole (especially mid-year). The requests will be handled on a case by case basis and we expect to make changes in emergency situations only. If academic difficulties are taking place, the first step is to have meetings with the teacher and/or perhaps a counselor. We will continue to stress the importance of course selection in the future to make sure students are truly thinking about their decisions.
Schedule changes for second semester will occur December 10th – 13th. As per the student handbook, requests can be made for one of the following reasons:
- The student needs to enroll in a required class.
- The student is enrolled in a class for which he/she has already received credit.
- The student has not met the prerequisites for the class.
- The student has an incomplete schedule.
- A teacher recommends the student advance to a higher level course or that the student moves out of the course due to the failure of 1st semester (pending approval from the principal).
If your request meets one of these criteria, you may submit a Schedule Change Request form and turn it in to the Counseling Office for review before 7:50 a.m. each day. Each request is considered for approval on an individual basis.
Forms and a list of open classes will be available in the Counseling Office beginning December 9th after 2:30. Second semester schedules are available for viewing in Skyward by accessing "Schedules," clicking on "Current Year by Term," and scrolling down to term three/four.