Phone: 913-422-8700 ext 2717
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Lori Schierts
BUILDING CHARACTER AT CCE with Mrs. Lori Schierts, Counselor
A KANSAS ELEMENTARY COUNSELOR HAS…
- A Counseling Certificate issued by the State Department of Education
- A Master's Degree with emphasis in the following areas:
WHAT DOES AN ELEMENTARY COUNSELOR DO?
- Counsels with students
- Counsels with families
- Consults with teachers, parents, other school staff members, and community agencies
- Teaches classroom guidance lessons
- Provides individual and group counseling Promotes a positive school climate
WHY DOES AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL COUNSELOR COUNSEL STUDENTS…BOTH INDIVIDUALLY AND IN GROUPS?
- To help children develop self-understanding and self-awareness
- To help children build self-confidence and self-esteem
- To help children recognize and make the best use of their capabilities
- To help children feel worthwhile
- To give children the opportunity to talk about their educational and personal-social concerns
- To help children better adjust to their school and home environments
- To help children in the decision making process!