- For the purpose of this incentive program, all absences (except official school activities, bereavement, and religious holidays of a student's own faith) count as an absence.
- Students will be informed via the course syllabus at the beginning of the semester if the class is participating in Skip-a-Final.
- Students taking courses for college credit may be required to take the Final Exam.
- With teacher permission, qualifying students may choose to take the Final Exam as a means to raise (but not lower) their semester grade.
- The requirements:
- If a student has an “A” and 3 absences or less in the class for the semester, they qualify to skip that final exam.
- If a student has a “B” and 2 absences or less in the class for the semester, they qualify to skip that final exam.
- 9-11th grade students may skip a maximum of 2 final exams.
- Second-semester seniors may skip all final exams for which they qualify.
- All end-of-semester study guides/projects must be completed, even if the student qualifies for Skip-a-Final. This may be an additional requirement for Skip-a-Final.
- The Skip-a-Final form will become available on April 29th. The hard deadline for turning in the completed form is May 3rd, at 3:00PM. Grades and attendance will be confirmed May 3-6. Any absences or grade changes that occur after the May 3rd deadline may disqualify a student from participating.
- Edgenuity/Virtual courses are not eligible for this incentive.
English AP Language and Composition No AP Literature and Composition No Honors English 9 No English 9 No Honors English 10 No English 10 No English 11 No English 12 No Creative Writing Yes AP Seminar No AP Research No Math Integrated Math 1 Yes Integrated Math 1 Support Yes Honors Integrated Math 1 Yes Integrated Math 2 Yes Integrated Math 2 Support Yes Honors Integrated Math 2 Yes Integrated Math 3 Yes Integrated Math 3 Support Yes Pre-Calculus Yes* AP Calculus AB Yes* AP Calculus BC Yes* Intermediate Algebra Yes College Algebra Yes* AP Statistics Yes* Science Biology No Honors Biology No Chemistry Yes Honors Chemistry No Physical Science Yes Physics Yes AP Physics No AP Chemistry No KNAT Yes Anatomy & Physiology No AP Biology Yes AP Environmental Science No Social Studies Civics Yes Honors Civics Yes World History Yes Psychology Yes AP Psychology Yes US History Yes AP US History Yes AP European History Yes Political Participation Yes Constitutional Law Yes AP Government Yes Arts AP Music Theory No Concert Band Yes Symphonic Band Yes Wind Ensemble Yes History of Rock Yes Choir Foundations Yes Piano No Wildcat Chorale Yes Voce Yes Art 1 No Art 2 No Jazz Band Yes Applied Instrumental Music Yes Stagecraft No Drama Yes Adv. Drama No Rep. Theatre No Forensics No Adv. Forensics No Communication Yes AP Studio Art No Painting No Adv. Painting No Drawing Yes Adv. Drawing Yes Sculpture Yes Adv. Sculpture Yes CTE AP Computer Science Principles No Accounting Yes Adv. Accounting Yes Consumer Personal Finance Yes Sports & Entertainment Marketing Yes Family Studies Yes Career and Life Yes Human Growth Yes Nutrition and Wellness Yes Culinary Essentials Yes Leadership in Action Yes Teaching as a Career No Teaching Internship No Residential Carp 2 Yes Residential Carp 1 Yes Woodworking Yes Computer Graphics Yes Web page Design No Video Production Yes Broadcasting Yes Newspaper Yes Yearbook Yes Photo Imaging Yes Marketing No Marketing Applications No Engineering Design No POAE Yes Drafting Yes R & D Construction Design Yes World Lang Spanish 1 No Spanish 2 Yes Spanish 3 No Spanish 4 No Heritage Spanish Yes AP Spanish Language and Composition No French 1 Yes French 2 Yes French 3 No French 4 No PE/Health 9th Grade PE Yes Health No Adv. Strength Yes Strength Yes Cardio Yes Lifetime Yes Team Sports TBD Other AVID 9 Yes AVID 10 Yes AVID 11 Yes AVID 12 Yes ACT Prep No Peer Interactions Yes Reconnecting Youth Yes Study Skills Yes Strategic Learning Yes Career and Prevocation Interactions No
*Check with the Teacher for details