Bids, Proposals, & Qualifications
The facilities department is committed to maintaining a professional, transparent process regarding Requests to Bid, Requests for Proposals (RFP), and Requests for Qualifications (RFQ). Opportunities will be posted on this site with the necessary documentation.
Request for Bids
USD 232 is pleased to announce the bidding of its 2020 Athletic Projects. Construction Documents will be released on September 15, 2020 and sealed bids will be due to the school district on October 15, 2020 at 2 p.m.
Attn: Steve Deghand, Director of Facilities
(2020 Athletic Projects – De Soto and Mill Valley High Schools)
Deliver Bids to:
De Soto, KS 66018
Mail Bids to:
35200 W. 91st Street
De Soto, KS 66018
The projects will use 2018 bond funds to make improvements to the following athletic areas at De Soto High School and Mill Valley High School:
- DeSoto High School will receive a new press box integrated into the field house and concessions building for the home grandstands, which will include new bleachers.
- De Soto High School will receive new turf for its soccer field as well as team benches and storage area with viewing stand.
- Baseball Fields – Replace existing baseball fields with a new turf infield and outfield. Other improvements will include new masonry brick dugouts, batting and throwing cages, bleachers for 500 spectators, LED lighting and sound system and perimeter fencing consisting of black pvc chain link and backstop netting. Existing press-box will be reused at MVHS.
- New Softball Fields – Construct new softball fields with turf infield and outfield. New field will include masonry brick dugouts and press-box, batting and throwing cages, bleachers for 500 spectators, LED lighting and sound system and perimeter fencing consisting of black pvc chain link fence and backstop netting.
- Track/Field (throwing) Events Improvements – Grading areas for new discuss, shotput and javelin events. Events will be clustered between the baseball/softball fields with a bleacher area for spectators.
- Miscellaneous improvements will consist of new concrete paving to connect event areas to parking and schools for access. New storm water detention area for MVHS.