It is the vision of the USD 232 early childhood program, in cooperation with families, to create enthusiasm for lifelong learning where every child can learn in a rich and playful educational environment.
Purpose - Early intervention provides basic foundations for a child's educational life experiences. Our purpose is to promote a safe, nurturing, nonrestrictive educational environment while working collaboratively with staff, family and community. Our program is designed to provide a positive experience to all children and their families, where their economic, cultural, and educational diversity is valued.
Where children can develop necessary skills for lifelong learning in all areas (fine motor, cognition, gross motor, adaptive, social and communication)
- Through developmentally appropriate activities
- Natural settings
- Through play
- Supportive and positive partnerships between family, school and community
- Individualized services
- Support smooth transitions
Research has shown that early intervention decreases the amount and intensity of future services and increases success in school.
Our program serves children ages three to five who reside in USD 232 or children of USD 232 staff who are not kindergarten eligible.
The outcome of our program is to enhance confidence and competence of all children and their families through an inclusive setting that fosters successful development.
The preschool classrooms utilize two curriculums to support student learning: Big Day for PreK by Scholastic and Get Set for School by Learning Without Tears.
- Big Day for PreK Curriculum by Scholastic: "Big Day for PreK is a proven-effective comprehensive early-learning program that embraces children's natural curiosity and encourages them to explore and connect to the world around them. The curriculum includes five elements of success including: big experiences, meaningful conversations, the best children's literature and nonfiction, innovative technology and a comprehensive curriculum."
- My First School Bookl by Learning Without Tears: The My First School Book! focuses on the development and practice of crucial readiness and pre-writing skills.