Guidelines for Distribution
Materials from outside organizations
Non-profit (501c3) organizations wishing to have electronic flyers posted on the district website must complete the Request for Approval to Disseminate Information form. Return the form and a copy of the flyer to Wendy Denham, Board Clerk, by email or by fax: 913-667-6201. The contact person listed on the request form will be notified of the approval status. Approved flyers will be posted on the electronic flyers webpage.
- Dissemination of materials is limited to the posting of information on the district's website.
- Paper copies of the information will not be distributed to students and are not to be delivered to the school buildings.
- The district will only post information from not-for-profit (501c3) organizations.
- The information cannot be in violation of Board policy or state or federal laws.
- The information must be of general interest to the School District as a whole.
- Organizations should combine brochures & information sheets to cover a period of time such as "Fall Activities" rather than sending out multiple announcements for each different activity.
Each request will be reviewed by the Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee on an individual basis with these criteria in mind. A decision not to disseminate is not to be considered disapproval of the activity/event/announcement, but rather a decision based on the best interests of the School District philosophy.