Foreign Exchange Students
The school district welcomes the opportunity for foreign exchange students to study at the high school level and experience the culture of schools and community. The district limits the number of exchange students to four (4) per school year - two at each high school on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrollment must be completed prior to the first day of school. Exchange students will not be accepted at semester. In addition, the exchange student must meet the following requirements:
- Must be associated with an exchange program approved by the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET);
- Must be assigned to host family with established residency inside USD 232;
- Grade level must be equivalent to a junior or senior as determined by school personnel using records/documentation;
- Must be fluent in English;
- Must be a full time student and follow all KSHSAA and school policies in order to participate in activities/athletics; and
- Must make plans to attend school the entire academic year (August through May).
Host families should complete an application and seek approval from the district before committing to hosting a foreign exchange student. Applications are not accepted after May 1 (for the following school year). Contact your high school for more information.
The district cannot enroll students with the F-1 Visa. USD 232 is not a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certified organization, as determined by the Department of Homeland Security.