New Student Enrollment / Registration


    Students must reside within the De Soto school district boundaries.  To check if you live in our district, you can check your address using our school locator service.

    Parents/Guardians must notify their previous school that you are withdrawing (during the school year only) and ask for personal copies of current grades and/or unofficial transcript and immunization records.

    In order to enroll, contact Monica Evans at 913.667.6250 to pick up an enrollment packet.  We will also need a parent or legal guardian to bring the following documents with you to enroll:

    • Immunization Records
    • Birth Certificate
    • Proof of Residency in parent or legal guardian’s name (current lease agreement, mortgage statement, gas bill, water bill or electric bill)
    • Unofficial copy of transcript (or current grade card if incoming 9th grader)
    • Withdrawal form with current grades if transferring after school begins

    Once the paperwork has been returned and verified, the counseling department will contact you to schedule an appointment to meet with the counselor and determine your student’s schedule. 



    Students withdrawing from De Soto High School must contact the Registrar and complete an Official Withdrawal form. The form requires sign off from each of the student's teachers, library, counselor, administrator and bookkeeper. Please allow two days for this process. All books and borrowed equipment, uniforms, etc. need to be returned. Teachers will provide a withdrawal grade that can be given to the student's new school. ​​