Horizon Award Nomination Form
Nominations for 2023 are now open!
>> Nominate a Teacher
It is the time of year to honor and recognize exemplary first-year teachers who perform in a way that distinguishes them as outstanding.
The state of Kansas will allow USD 232 to nominate one elementary and one secondary teacher for the Horizon Award. This award honors and recognizes exemplary first-year teachers who perform in a way that distinguishes them as outstanding. Below you will find the guidelines for nominating a teacher.
- A teacher (Pre-K through grade 12) who successfully completed his/her first year of teaching by this May.
- Serves as a full-time classroom teacher, responsible for assignment of grades, preparation of lessons, discipline, all basic classroom duties (specials are certainly eligible).
- Is considered to be exceptionally skilled, dedicated, and able to inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Has the respect of students, parents, colleagues, and administrative leaders.
- A teacher who has performed in a way that distinguishes him/her from other novice teachers.