New Student Grade 1-5 and Kindergarten Enrollment!
(Para ver en español haga clic en la pestaña a la izquierda)
Welcome New Families and Kindergarten Students!
We are thrilled to have your child join us at Starside Elementary for the 2021-22 Session!
For Kindergarten families who were unable to attend the March 18, 2021 event click here to view the recorded version: https://youtu.be/tzEz_VaUzOI
For NEW Families, Grades 1-5, the process is the same with the addition of a records request form to capture your child(ren)'s academic, health, and other records from their previous school.
Now, let’s get started with ENROLLMENT!
STEP 1 – Please bring each of the following items to the Starside Office, by appointment! Call 913-667-6270. We are happy to make copies for you! Legible electronic copies are accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org. *We reserve the right to refuse copies that we are unable to read.
State-issued Birth Certificate - The official documentation issued by the state where your child was born. Hospital copies are NOT accepted.
Proof of Residency - To establish our families reside within the USD232 boundaries the state requires one of the following:
- a copy of your current rental/lease agreement or home/mortgage contract
- a utility bill attached to the home such as gas, water, or electricity (satellite/cable, phone, insurance, tax/benefits documents or general mail, et al, NOT accepted)
- a notarized letter supported by one of the above from the contracted resident, IF living with a family member/other
Immunization Record – This must be current, have your child’s name on it, and list all immunizations received to date. *But what if a child has their physical and immunization appointment scheduled over the summer? No worries! Please have these turned in to Nurse Tara email@example.com by August 1, 2021
STEP 2 – Complete and return the two attached enrollment forms, linked below.
These forms are in English and Spanish – your choice! Complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and bring them to our front office, by appointment! Call 913-667-6270.
- Starside New Student Enrollment Form – Please complete all fields. Phone and Email required.
- Home Language Survey – Required by the State of Kansas for all students.
STEP 3 – Incoming families will receive additional information from the Starside Office about the final steps for completing ONLINE ENROLLMENT once the basic forms have been submitted and entered into the Skyward data base.
Once STEP 3 is completed, incoming KINDERGARTEN families will receive their Kindergarten Comet Swag Bags!