Starside Elementary PTA
General Meeting Jan. 12, 2021 via ZOOM
Approval of Oct 2020 minutes by Kris Meyer, seconded by Christine Green.
Upcoming Calendar Dates & Committee Reports
Valentine’s Day Parties: Wed 2/10 was the originally scheduled date, Mrs. Meyer and teachers stated it is moved to Friday the 12th from 11:15-12.
Wed 2/24 - Conference Dinner – 4:15-4:45 pm
Dinner for staff provided by the Bridge Church
Thurs 2/25 - Conference Lunch - 10:30-1:00
Crepe truck for staff provided by Julie Coover from American Family in De Soto.
Thurs 2/25 - Papa Murphy’s Fundraiser Night - Kristen Whitley
Order online or in store and 25% of sales go to SE PTA, Kristen will print flyers and send to Starla for Christine to distribute to mailboxes.
Fri 4/23 - Walk-a-thon - We are beginning to plan this event.
Corporate sponsors- Kim Manson reported that she is contacting corporate sponsors for donations. If anyone knows any new businesses in town, contact them please.
Treasurer’s Report : Laura Anderson reported that we have 19K in our budget which is currently allotted for next year with walk-a-thon fundraising being an unknown thus far. This includes gift cards for teachers and field trip funding.
Money we have recently deposited from fundraisers include:
$ 600 - BBQ truck-Frenzel’s
$ 1100- Online fundraiser
$ 250 -spirit wear
Money spent recently includes:
Renewal of smore $ 1350
The book fair ($1500) will be cancelled this year so that money is available for students to have perhaps visitors to come to the classroom, we would like teachers to be involved and how it could be something to impact students directly.
Other business: Barista & Holiday Gifts from December was able to continue. PTA missed delivering to teachers although.
Mrs. Meyer reported that SE is missing the parent volunteers due to Covid restrictions.
Fingers crossed, teachers are projected to get the vaccine by spring break and if that happens, more doors could be open at school for parents to come inside.
Secondary students have the plan to return to full time on in person learning on Feb. 1.
Special Presentation: 7 Habits of Happy Families by: Stephen Covey
Mrs. Meyer presented a slideshow outlining how ideas from this book are used within school with our students and she would like to start a book study via Zoom with interested families for next school year. Contact Mrs. Meyer if your family is interested.
Q/A - 7 Habits
Mrs. Hodges asked if students that do not go to Starside be a part of this Highly Effective families book study? Mrs. Meyer will think on that.
Next General PTA Meeting - Tues 4/13 @ 6:00 pm
Meeting is adjourned at 6:30.
Starside Elementary PTA
October 6, 2020 6pm VIA ZOOM
GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
- Meeting called to order @ 6:00 by president, Traci Gaultney.
- Moved to approve Jan. 2020 minutes by Kim Manson, Christine Green seconded the motion.
- Standing Rules Approval, Motion to approve the rules by Laura Anderson, and Christine Green seconded.
- PTA Calendar Approval, Motion to approve by Sarah Gerner, seconded by Kim Manson.
- Principal’s Report
- Mrs. Meyer reported that a full time in person model is being implemented on Thursday which is a shift in planning for teachers.
- There will be no costumes at school this year or parade, as many students are not trick or treating this year and we don’t want families to feel like they need to spend money on a costume just for school.
- Treasurer’s Report - Budget Approval, Kim Manson made a motion to approve, Christine Green seconded.
- Board support was clarified and line items under programs were listed more specifically
- Laura Anderson has emailed each committee chair that if their event is cancelled their budget was taken back to zero, but if there is a need that arises, needs can be discussed on a case by case basis.
- Staff appreciation
- Discussion and questions about increasing budget for teacher appreciate and some line items doesn’t make a lot of money, like spirit wear and school supplies but we do that to be a service
- Committee Reports
- Staff Appreciation Dinner - Wed Oct 28 - Need Volunteers
- Kelly Shiver reported that information has been given to Mrs. Meyer about the meal, Kim Manson is working on food donations, we are able to serve in the school and decorate following social distancing protocol, asking for donations from parents for drinks and paper products will be coming soon. Kelly is getting Hyvee for dessert including GF options.
- Christine will send out a link on Facebook for parents to sign up to donate.
- Spirit Wear orders due Fri Oct 23: You may order on the PTA website or FB page.
- Corporate Donations
- Kim will need budget money to order signs to display our corporate donors, approx. couple hundred dollars
- Individual wants are being asked for specifically from corporate donations, ex: Kim asking for microphones for all teachers, which was granted
- Labels and Box Tops due Fri Oct 23
- Room Parents - Sign up genius through teachers - info to come regarding fall parties Fri Oct 28 - No parents/volunteers, all activities to be run by teachers; more information to come out about that
- Walk-A-Thon - Postponed to Spring - Fingers crossed
- Barista for teachers and staff Tue Nov 24
- Fall Fundraiser - https://wefund4u.com/fundraiser/desoto2020/c/25966
- Three Cheers
- Teachers/Staff at Starside for their strength and flexibility
- PTA for working with Mrs. Meyer to work around COVID
- Our Starside Students for their adaptability
Meeting adjourned at 6:34.