Skip To Main Content

Logo Title

Logo Image

Logo Title

Employee Name Changes

The support staff at USD 232 are here to help employees make name changes as easily as possible following a life event, such as marriage or divorce.  Below is a list of frequently asked questions about the process.

Q. How do I start the process of changing my legal name in the various systems at USD 232?
A. The first step is to contact the Human Resources Department.  They will help guide you through the process and ensure all aspects are addressed.

Q. How long will this take?
A. There are many systems that will need to have your name adjusted in them.  Some are integrated and will take time to propagate these changes.  Other systems must be updated manually, one at a time.  Depending on the time of year and the number of other similar requests, this could take several business days.

Q. Will my email address change?
A. You will get a new email address to match your changed name.  However, your previous address will be set up to also route new emails into your mailbox as well.  If, at any time in the future, you would like to remove your old address, simply open up a ticket with our Technology Helpdesk and they will take care of that for you.