Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Kris Meyer
My name is Kris Meyer and I am honored to be Starside's Principal! I've been fortunate to work with so many of De Soto USD 232's finest children, most passionate educators, and involved families over the past decade. I began my career teaching at Starside in 2007 and then became the School Improvement Specialist at Starside from 2011 to 2013. In the fall of 2013, I accepted an associate principal position at De Soto High School and became a Wildcat for two years. However, when the principal position opened at Starside in 2015, my heart told me it was time to come "home." I've been a member of the Starside Family ever since. Go Comets!
Starside is incredibly unique. From our staff to our students, we are a melting pot of personalities and perspectives and each individual brings something really special to our exceptional school. Here are the top ten reasons why I love Starside:
- Our teachers and staff consider Starside to be a “home away from home.” Did you know we call ourselves the Starside Family and Team Starside? We have Family Meetings every other Friday from 8:00 – 8:25 am!
- Team Starside contributes to the community. Through our Comets Care Day, community garden, community service projects and family nights, Starside staff invests their time inside and outside of the school day.
- Team Starside craves learning. We not only learn inside our classrooms and labs, but we also take trips outside to learn in our community garden, our pond, and our natural playground.
- Team Starside does not only teach. We transform into engineers, explorers, movie producers, scientists, meteorologists, nurses, business leaders, and so much more to bring learning to life!
- Team Starside builds character. We realize the value of character-building and empower our students to be honest, trustworthy, cultured citizens who practice kindness, compassion, and respect at home and school.
- Team Starside is funny! We realize joy and silliness are an important part of every school day. We love to dress up for spirit days and participate in team challenges.
- Team Starside collaborates as part of a community of teachers and leaders. Working together in the name of student success is our mission and we meet weekly, if not daily, to make sure we achieve this lofty goal!
- Team Starside goes above and beyond to make learning engaging and fun. From wax museums to ecosystems, to Starside Monuments, to habitats, and green screens, we’ve got it all right here inside of our halls and walls! We bring hands-on, real-world admittance to a variety of experiences.
- Team Starside has a growth mindset. We can reach anything we set our minds to achieve. #nolimits
- Most of all, Team Starside loves learning and we love our students!