Hello Mill Valley Families and Community Members,
As a building and a district we are committed to the health and safety of our students and staff. We are implementing several new protocols to keep our students and staff as safe as possible. We understand that new protocols often take a while to implement, however; we will hold fast to the protocols listed below in an effort to ensure we are following both state and district guidelines as it relates to Covid-19 protocols.
MVHS Building Protocols:
- Masks will be required by both students and staff at all times. If students refuse to wear a mask after being asked to put one on or wear one properly, they will be sent home from school.
- There will be cleaning procedures in place for the classrooms.
- Temperatures will be taken every day for both students and staff.
- Any student or staff member with a temperature or displaying symptoms of illness will be evaluated again by the school nurse.
- Students will not be permitted to congregate in the building at any time.
- Desks will be socially distanced in the classrooms.
- Hand washing will be continually encouraged for both students and staff.
- In the lunch room, students will be socially distanced and facing the same way.
- Increased air circulation is in place.
- Visitors must have an appointment to enter the building. If a parent would like to speak to a staff member, an appointment must be made.
- All visitors will be required to be temp checked and required to wear a mask.
- Parents dropping items off for students (food, uniforms, any personal items) do so at thier own risk. These items will not be monitored by building staff members. Parents will bebe asked to clearly label the item and leave the item on a designated cart in the vestibule between the two doors leading into the building. Parents then need to text thier student to retreive the item from the cart between classes.
Thank you for adhering to our building protocols as we start the new school year.
Stay healthy and happy,
Principal, Mill Valley High School