Anxiety and Stress
- 5 Ways to Deal with Anxiety: https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/anxiety-tips.html?WT.ac=ctg#catemotions
- Why Exercise is Wise: https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/exercise-wise.html?WT.ac=ctg#cattake-care
- 5 Ways to Prevent Stress Build Up: https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/stress-tips.html?WT.ac=ctg#catemotions
- Stress Management: https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/stress.html?WT.ac=ctg#catemotions
- 3 Minute Breathing Exercise: https://safeYouTube.net/w/dq94 (Links to an external site.)
- 10 Minute Breathing Exercise: https://safeYouTube.net/w/dr94 (Links to an external site.)
- Teens Health-Meditation and Breathing : https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/meditation.html?WT.ac=ctg#catemotions (Links to an external site.)
Self-Care and Self-Love
- Self-Esteem : https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/self-esteem.html?scrlybrkr=c16973d4#catemotions
- Optimism : https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/optimism.html?WT.ac=ctg#catemotions
- 3 Ways to Increase Positive Emotions : https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/positive-emotions.html?WT.ac=ctg#catemotions
- 3 Ways to Practice Gratitude : https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/gratitude-practice.html?WT.ac=ctg#catemotions
Community Mental Health Resources
Johnson County Mental Health
Mission, KS 66202
24 hr. emergency line 913-268-0156
University of Kansas/Marillac Campus
8000 W 127th St.
Overland Park, KS 66213
Kansas City Prairie Ridge Hospital
4300 Brenner Dr.
Kansas City, KS 66104
National Mental Health Resources
- 1-800-237-TALK (8255) National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call for 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones. https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/ Find quality treatment options close to home using Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration's (SAMHSA) confidential and anonymous online treatment locator.
- 1-800-662-HELP (4357) SAMHSA's National Helpline: Call for 24/7, free and confidential information for individuals and family members facing substance abuse and mental health issues.