Cedar Trails Exploration Center - CTEC CAPS
The Cedar Trails Exploration Center’s mission is to develop and empower lifelong learners by providing opportunities for and encouraging exploration through personalized and innovative learning paths.
We are a part of the CAPS network (Center for Advanced Professional Studies). CTEC CAPS provides more Career & Technical Education opportunities for USD 232 students along with collaboration among strands while experiencing a CAPS Network program. CAPS has five Core Values which drive CTEC:
- Profession-Based Learning – Instructors develop real-world, project-based learning strategies through collaborations with business and community partners. These interactions enhance the learning experience, preparing students for college and career.
- Professional Skills Development – Unique experiences allow students to cultivate transformative professional skills such as understanding expectations, time management and other essential business values. These skills are critical to providing students a competitive advantage in their post-secondary education and professional careers.
- Self-Discovery and Exploration – Students realize their strengths and passions by exploring and experiencing potential professions. This allows them to make informed decisions about their future, while learning to exhibit leadership.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset – Instructors create an environment where creative thinking and problem solving is encouraged. An innovative culture is key to fostering entrepreneurial learning and design thinking.
- Responsiveness – CAPS supports high-skill, high-demand careers through ongoing innovation in curriculum development, programs and services based on local business and community needs.
CTEC CAPS has three strands: Bioscience, Design, and Emerging Technologies. Click on an image below to learn more!