Graduation Updates 7 7 2020
2020 Senior Parents & Students,
Thank you for your continued patience as we adjust planning for the Class of 2020 graduation ceremony because of the fluid situation surrounding COVID-19. Last week we asked for feedback from the senior class regarding venues that would allow us to have the ceremony in person while social distancing both students and guests. We provided three options, including Children’s Mercy Park (required a change in date), the New MVHS Main Gymnasium, and the Olathe District Activities Center (ODAC, insert address). Each location was presented based on current State and local restrictions regarding COVID-19 safety protocols.
After reviewing the results with student leaders from both high schools, both principals, and district personnel, the MVHS 2020 graduation will take place at the Olathe District Activities Center (ODAC, 20925 Olathe, KS 66062 ) at 9:00am on July 25th.
Because the survey results were so close, ODAC was chosen in order to not change the original July 25th date (since there were concerns made about moving to Children’s Mercy Park the week prior).
Some things to consider/know:
- We will follow all state/county guideline regarding COVID-19. This includes the requirement of masks and social distancing.
- Tickets will not be required. Guests will be required to wear masks and social distance themselves in the stadium.
- Those at higher risk to contract COVID-19 should consider viewing the ceremony via livestream from home.
- Consider the outdoor temperature/humidity when attending.
- If cancelled due to weather, we will move the ceremony to the new MVHS Gym with very limited (2 tickets per family) guests in order to allow for social distancing in the bleachers. This event will also be livestreamed.
- If COVID-19 restrictions require us to cancel an in-person ceremony, we will post a virtual graduation.
More information will be coming regarding logistics (lining up etc).
Thank you for your patience and resilience.
The results for the survey:
MVHS Specific Results: 162 responses
38.9% as 1st Choice,
35.2% as 2nd Choice,
25.9% as 3rd Choice
38.9% as 1st Choice,
34% as 2nd Choice,
27.2 as 3rd Choice
22.2% as 1st Choice,
30.9% as 2nd Choice,
46.9% as 3rd Choice
Combined with DHS: 263 responses
ODAC was 1st Choice 47% of the time
Children's Mercy was 1st Choice 31% of the time
Home HS Gym was 1st Choice 26% of the time